Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
The Team Lead, Technical Services Technician provides first line support to internal and external clients for all IT Infrastructure and Application related incidents and requests through request tools, emails and telephone calls. Acts as escalation point for other Technical Services Technicians. Mentors junior team members. Assigns tickets to the appropriate technology support groups and track them to closure. Advises and assists users in solving problems related to hardware, software, networks and peripherals using available technology. Studies and analyzes systems needs, troubleshoots technical problems and trains users. Advises users on the interpretation of IT reports and report capabilities, limitations, etc. Provides user support, new hire system setups, group metrics and desktop/laptop software evaluations and upgrades. Provides quick response to ensure maximum up-time of all users and performs end user training when necessary.
* Technical Support:
* Leads the service desk team and participates in ticket ownership/resolution.
* Provides immediate response to technical questions and problems related to hardware, network or application related issues.
* Ensures the IT Help Desk Team provides regular status updates in tickets and the Team is following the proper troubleshooting and escalation process to resolve and close tickets in a timely fashion.
* Ensures feedback on open issues is relayed to clients and IT management.
* Quickly determines the scope and urgency of reported problems.
* Audits the logging and recording of trouble issues to track and ensure that service requests are followed through to resolution.
* Improves support processes and tiers of escalation.
* Ensures site documentation is accurate and stored in a manner allowing access to the IT teams.
* Escalation point for difficult or high impacting IT incidents for particular hardware, software or platform.
* Leads conflict and escalation resolution on major issues pertaining to complex hardware / software systems that have cross-functional impact.
* Looks for ways to automate the deployment of services.
* Analyzes complex business needs and recommends ways to optimize IT policies and procedures in achieving business objectives.
* Advanced understanding of the fundamentals of network and server/desktop administration, installations, upgrades, techniques, tools, materials, and equipment.
* Reports statistics, findings and recommendations to leadership.
* Assists in identifying and implementing process improvements for department.
* Works with vendors and maintenance service providers to diagnose, repair and correct issues for users.
* Ability to troubleshoot difficult network issues before escalation to other technical experts.
* Participates on an on-call basis.
* Installs and maintains complex hardware / software systems and supporting large user groups.
* Analyzes basic business needs and recommends ways to optimize PC hardware resources in achieving business objectives.
* Supports, maintains and installs local area network server systems.
* Adheres to safety, confidentiality and legal requirements.
* Training & Education:
* Assists less experienced team members
* Regularly leads activities and mentors less experienced team members in resolving IT incidents.
* Provides education on systems to all new employees and existing employees as needed.
* Works with IT Manager and other Team Leads to cross train team members so that they can support any lab as needed.
* Provides training to other support staff on emerging technologies and support processes.
* Advanced ability to work with customers of a widely varying skill level and instill confidence in Information Technology.
* Maintains personal technical knowledge by reading publications and attending continuing education courses.
* Hardware and Software:
* Assists in selection and evaluation of hardware and software.
* motherboard replacements, as well as addressing other simple, miscellaneous issues.
* Performs operation maintenance on the mission critical systems (i.e., backup, cleaning, etc.)
* Ensures all local servers, databases, and other business critical functions are backed up daily, weekly and monthly.
* Performs repairs to hardware, including hard drive, power supply and
* Special Projects:
* Works with the National teams on implementing standards, major project support and contributing to the knowledge sharing across all divisions.
* Participates in process improvement projects.
* Applies advanced ability to develop business relationships and communicate effectively with the user community, peers and supervisors.
* Applies advanced expert knowledge of processes and resources required to perform analytical and technical tasks on PC systems, with knowledge of LAN server systems as well.
* Advanced experience with help desk or request tracking software.
* Experience producing progress reports.
* Advanced ability to use data and logic to quickly find solutions to difficult challenges.
* Adjusts effectively to new work demands, processes, structures and cultures.
* Advanced troubleshooting skills.
* Applies expert understanding of customer service techniques as required to address PC problems.
* Advanced understanding of the fundamentals of financial and business acumen to relate back to business strategic plans.
* Completes tasks with minimal supervision.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Minimum of 4 years of experience providing IT Support in an Enterprise environment.
* Strong understanding of IT Service Management (Incident and request management).
* Strong understanding of Windows Operating System, Personal Computer Hardware, applications and peripherals.
* Strong knowledge of desktops, servers, printers, terminal servers, Xerox Document Management, Telecommunication, telecommunications systems, fax servers, and network devices and ability to identify problems and fixes.
* Strong networking skills (LAN/WAN/VPN)
* Good server administrative skills (Physical/Virtual)
* Associate degree in Information Technology field or relevant IT certifications.
* Industry recognized certification in one or more of the following : Desktop (A+ or Microsoft), Network (Networking Essentials/CCNA), Server (Microsoft or Linux) or Security.
* Light to moderate physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 lbs.)
* Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching.
* Occasional carrying, pushing, and pulling of objects.
* Frequent, prolonged standing/sitting/walking.
* Extensive computer work.
* Frequent use of telephone and fax.
* Occasional travel required to interact with Division personnel and/or attend meetings or educational training.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Sonic Healthcare USA, Inc
Sonic Healthcare USA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Associated topics: infrastructure, maintain, maintenance, network, satcom, satellite, server, system specialist, system technician, technician