United States of America
00% - 25%
Job Posting End Date:
Third Shift (United States of America)
Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better
Function Specific Activities:
Function Related Activities / Key responsibilities
* Perform the quality inspection functions for finished products to assure product quality and package integrity is within specifications.
* Perform all documentation associated with quality checks.
* Set-up and calibrate test equipment.
* Prepare testing reagents.
* Perform all required microbiological testing.
* Monitor all quality checks made by production.
* Keep accurate Q.A. reports daily.
* Ensure that all tasks are performed toward achieving the safety, quality, service and cost objectives.
* Prepare and standardize chemical solutions.
* Monitor inventory of supplies and order materials/supplies as required.
* Place product and raw materials on hold and complete hold notifications as required.
* Inspect incoming ingredients and perform all required testing as needed.
* Perform 5S/MSS/GMP activities and inspections and follow up on deficiencies for correction.
* Perform audits as assigned
* Perform SAP functions as needed
* Operate and perform quality tests on the treated water system.
* High School diploma or GED equivalent required; Bachelor's Degree preferred
* HACCP experience preferred
* 1- 2 years' experience in quality testing / manufacturing, preferred
* Read, write, speak and comprehend English.
* Meet all basic plant employment criteria, to include a good attendance record.
* Must be certified on the training plan for this position within 60 working days of start date
* Ability to lift, push and/or pull up to 50 pounds
* Standing and walking for continuous periods, including 8-hour, 10-hour or 12-hour shift or required necessary hours.
* Ability to bend, lift and/or twist.
* Ability to work on multiple levels, such as catwalks, ladders, etc. and ability to work in extreme temperatures
* Manual and finger dexterity
* Ability to grip, grasp, and squeeze materials, parts, hand tools, and products.
* Ability to hear machine operations sounds to detect defective parts, machine failures, and changes in speed and other routine running conditions.
* Ability to trouble-shoot production-related problems.
* Must have strong problem solving skills and the ability to work efficiently under stressful situations
* Ability to work 8-hour, 10-hour or 12-hour shift or required necessary hours to meet the business requirements. This may include overtime and weekend work as necessary
* Must be able to use a computer and associated software programs
* Perform all tasks in a safe manner to ensure achievement of Quality, Service and Cost objectives.
* Ability to read equipment operations manuals.
* Ability to visually identify and recognize material, part, and product defects.
* Ability to participate in job development training (i.e. trouble-shooting, etc.)
* Ability to work in a team environment.
JOB LOCATION AND WORK CONDITIONS:
* Work is performed in a quality assurance laboratory of a high-speed bottling, manufacturing, and warehouse environment.
* Work requires exposure to all temperature changes, high noise levels, working around moving equipment, tanks, heights, wet conditions, fumes, vibrations, dust, etc.
* Working hours must be flexible with the ability to work all shifts and extended hours as required.
* Personal protective equipment to include but not limited to steel-toed footwear, safety glasses, hearing protection and uniform requirements.
* Hoist, hand cart, hand tools, measuring instruments, equipment operations manuals.
* Cleaning equipment and chemicals.
* Train new associates
* Participate on Continuous Improvement Team
* Travel to vendor and other Company locations
* Delivering presentations
* Operate general office equipment, i.e., fax, copier, and supplies
Years of Experience:
* GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
* SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
* EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
* PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
* FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
* EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Associated topics: automation, performance test, prevent, prevention, quality assurance, quality assurance lead, software quality, software quality engineer, software quality assurance engineer, tester