This position reports to the Applications Manager and is responsible for the design, development, deployment, and support of new and existing applications. This Senior Programmer Analyst will have the opportunity to eventually grow into a Technical Lead role. Senior Programmer Analysts participate in all phases of the System Development Life Cycle as needed, applying expert knowledge of system interaction and business familiarity to meet business needs. The Senior Programmer Analyst should possess excellent technical abilities, leadership, decision making, strong communication skills, and adaptability to new technology.
The Senior Programmer Analyst will assist the Application Manager to oversee a team of personnel, focused on technical issues including software development, product releases, and engineering tasks. In addition to hiring and training staff and delegating work assignments, the Senior Programmer Analyst may also collaborate with colleagues to identify and resolve technical issues. They often evaluate work processes and best practices and implement changes to streamline operations.
While specific job duties will vary depending on the type of team, general job responsibilities may include creating service goals for the team; ensuring current applications are updated and align with the implementation of new applications; analyzing end users' needs; and selecting applications to meet those needs. Other tasks may include developing troubleshooting programs and supervising system modifications.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer science or related field - 7+ Experience developing software following an Agile and/or Waterfall methodology - 7+ years recent hands-on software development work experience in C#, .Net and related Microsoft technologies (MS SQL Server, IIS, .NET framework, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, C# or VB.NET, MVC, WCF, Web Services, XML)
- Experience with Microsoft Project is highly desirable
- Participate in project planning sessions to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed IT solution - Participate in design reviews and provide input to design recommendations; incorporate security requirements into design; and, provide input to information/data flow - Document detailed application specifications; translate technical requirements into programmed application modules; and, develop and enhance software application modules - Participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to predefined architectural specifications. Identify and troubleshoot application code-related issues - Prepare unit and integration test plans for program changes, and in cooperation with clients and other I.T. personnel, perform the testing - Review and provide feedback to any required final user documentation - Work cross-functionally with other team members: other engineers, testers, product owners, designers, Ops, customer support - Partner with QA, DB, BA/PO and other dependent teams
- Very strong communication skills, both written and oral - A well-organized team-player who thrives when juggling multiple projects and aggressive deadlines - Ability to drive design and architecture discussions across the team, create application architecture documents, and be responsible for high quality implementations - Solid analytical and creative problem-solving/trouble shooting skills Communicate effectively and collaborate with technical/non-technical audiences
This position is full time, days.
About us: At Globe Life, we really do value our employees and it shows! We make sure you have your own dedicated personal work space and we don't make overtime mandatory-that is truly optional scheduling.
Employees at Globe Life are dedicated to their work and we are dedicated to our employees and want to give you peace of mind for your future retirement. After 5 years of working together and being vested, Globe Life provides a company-funded pension plan for employees.
On a day to day basis, you will enjoy a company culture that embraces individuality, celebrates our successes, offers an attractive employee benefits package, and fosters personal development and seeks to promote internal talent.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Associated topics: application architect, architect, back end, c/c++, devops, programming, senior, senior software developer, senior software engineer, software engineer lead
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.