McKesson is looking for a Sr ETL Developer in a Lead Role with a passion for data to design and implement scalable, robust, and real-time solutions and analytics platform that help our business transform data into competitive advantage.Position Description
As a key member of the Master Data Management team you will be responsible for designing and implementing Enterprise solutions for Master Data Domains at McKesson. You will be involved in the software development lifecycle from strategy, architecture, design, implementation, testing to release with a focus on delivering solutions against business goals, technical requirements and McKesson engineering standards. As a Lead Developer, you would be required to work closely with Business in understanding the requirments and managing other developers in solution delivery.
Our perfect candidate will have a background in Computer Science or a related technical field and possess extensive experience in designing, building and maintaining highly-available, large data stores. You will be working with cross-functional teams and highly influencing data decisions. You are focused on results, highly-motivated, and have demonstrated success in using engineering and analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and success of a product.Responsibilities:
Successful candidate will possess:
- Design Enterprise Master Data Management solutions for Customer, Vendor and Product
- Design scalable and reliable solutions for moving data efficiently across systems from various internal and external data sources in the batch and real-time mode
- Interface directly with Business partners to understand the needs and objectives of the business
- Provide training on how to interpret and use data for business analysis
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to team members in order to achieve partners, business and customer results
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the immediate team of direct reports promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results
- Strong analytical skills and ability to understand existing business processes.
- Proven problem solving skills ? ability to assess a specific business scenario and develop an appropriate technical approach to support the desired business outcomes
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships and achieve results by working collaboratively with cross-functional stakeholders
- Adapt efficiently to changing circumstances and seek alternative ways of achieving ????????????????????program goals
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communications skills - capable of developing well-structured communications and presentations
- Strong leadership skills
- Project Management skills-ability to manage complex data oriented program to produce on-time results and recommendations for action/next steps
- Strong delegation and management skills to ensure work is conducted in a timely, quality fashion by internal and external partners
12+ years experience in software engineering and/or software architectureCritical Skills
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Extensive experience (3+ years) as an ETL Developer in Lead Role
- Development experience using ETL tool Datastage for a minimum 3+ years in coding in various applications
- Ability to understand various complex requirements and quickly provide solutions
- Quickly analyze the issues and resolve those issues, provide a support role
- Self-starter, with little overview/oversight, work independently
- Ability to collaborate with others, able to receive instructions and provide suggestions for resolution
- Ability to communicate with business users (if necessary) to gather requirement information
- Datastage 7.5.2, 8.7 ?(coding for 3+ years minimum).?
- Extensive relational database experience (e.g. Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, etc?) with extensive SQL query analysis
- Unix/Linux experience ? inclusive of various commands and scripting
- Ability to document Tech Specs, Unit Test Plans/Results and follow a migration process
- Strong experience with dimensional data modeling & schema design in Data Warehouses ??
- Datastage 11.5 experience
- Scheduling tools
- Understanding of the agile software development methodology Scrum
- Datastage quality stage tools
- Versioning toolks like SVN
4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experienceCertifications/LicensurePhysical Requirements
General Office DemandsBenefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance ? individual and team ? that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it?s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can?t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission?whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company?and of healthcare. At McKesson, you?ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that?s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer ? minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through internal career site.Join us at McKesson!
Associated topics: algorithm, application, backend, back end, c++, c#, python, software developer, software development engineer, software engineer