At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
The Lead Application Analyst is responsible for providing leadership and direction with the design, testing and implementing of complex information systems and solutions. The Lead Application Analyst possesses advanced knowledge and skills in assigned software applications and various system environments. The Lead Application Analyst is responsible for developing and following project schedules, plans and timelines. The Lead Application Analyst is also responsible for developing, conducting and evaluating training sessions for staff, as required. The Lead Application Analyst participates in team projects, assists with group direction and guidance, coordinates work assignments and problem resolution efforts. The Lead Application Analyst performs the planning, conducting and evaluating of training sessions for end-users and Information Systems staff. The Lead Application Analyst leads or supports the Project Management activities required to deliver business-oriented, valuable and relevant solutions. The Lead Application Analyst reports directly to the Manager, while providing leadership for all levels of Application Analysts.
The Lead Application Analyst applies technical skills, in line with MH's values and goals, to assure the efficient, effective and consistent delivery of high quality services. The Lead Application Analyst is responsible for demonstrating a commitment to the values of the corporation through active participation in the Partners In Caring, Customer Service and Continuous Quality Improvement programs.Job DescriptionMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Associate's degree and five (5) years experience, or six (6) years experience in lieu of degree.
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
* Experience in leading projects and supporting the most complex problems.
* Experience directing other analysts.
* Demonstrated record of bringing tasks and projects to successful conclusion.
* Mentors team members and other analysts.
* Demonstrates exceptional communications skills.
* Industry training and increasingly responsible experience with knowledge and skills in a large, complex corporate Information System.
* Comprehensive knowledge of application support, development tools and methodologies.
* Six (6) years of increasingly responsible experience in a large, corporate systems development and implementation activities in a wide variety of Healthcare Management Information Systems (MIS) experience in system design, build, testing and implementation preferred.
* Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of \"we advance health\" through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
* Technical Administration ? Accountable for leading and providing advanced knowledge in the support of various operating systems and software applications. Perform tasks that involve analysis, design, building, testing and implementing computer programs and systems. Demonstrate and apply information systems theory, processes and methodologies. Reason: To effectively provide advanced technical skills required to successfully support system programs and applications that meet the technical requirements defined by MH. Apply appropriate theories and procedures that meet the business objectives of the company.
* Planning & Coordinating ? Develop, prioritize and execute projects according to established schedules and timeframes. Maintain an effective level of coordination on all assigned projects. Document and report on all plans, priorities and schedules. Inform Manager on status of all projects and assignments in the form of weekly activity reports. Reason: To ensure an effective method of planning and coordinating project management, that projects are completed according to set schedules, and reported to management on a regular basis.
* Systems Development ? Translates user and department information systems needs into technical solutions. Identifies application development opportunities that can be implemented to enhance user productivity and service levels. Reason: To provide the technical skills required to successfully design, develop, deploy and maintain the technologies needed to satisfy user and applications strategies at a minimum cost and with maximum effectiveness.
* Technical Standards ? Act as an advocate for setting and enforcing technical development, application support and information management standards within and outside of the information systems department. Reason: To ensure that standards are established and followed consistently for the benefit of the company.
* Application Support ? Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and techniques in supporting Applications in development projects and complex problem solving efforts. Participate in after-hours application support by rotating call schedule on a regular basis. Reason: To effectively provide the necessary skills and expertise in technical areas. Provide resolution methods and alternatives to problems that can jeopardize the processes and workflow of MH's systems. To provide technical solutions to critical issues.
* Training ? Prepare, conduct and evaluate training sessions for staff. Monitor effectiveness of training and modify content material, as necessary. Reason: To ensure staff is trained and knowledgeable in the use of computer programs and systems.
* Customer Service ? Provide effective Customer Service by being courteous, polite and friendly toward others at all times. Acknowledge customers immediately in order to determine need and help the customer resolve issue or request. Reason: Consistently display behavior that enhances the image of organization as evidenced by professional and courteous behavior toward all customers.
* Other ? Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by Manager. Adheres to all MH policies, procedures, and standards, within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply management, productivity, and accuracy of practice. Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.