RCS Corporation has an immediate need for a Distribution Designer in Austin, TX. This is a contract position with the potential to convert into a permanent employee.
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Woman Business Enterprise specializing in the recruitment of professionals throughout the United States. With two corporate offices, over 20 years of experience, and a presence in 30+ states, we are well-positioned to service employers, employees, and candidates across every discipline. Our emphasis is on excellent work ethic, accountability, transparency, effective communication and safety.
Our clientis seeking a Distribution Designer in Austin, TX.
- Interact with customers through job site meetings, emails and phone calls with PPE and safety-first mindset
- Calculate the appropriate equipment size based of customer's demand and other complex power system calculations
- Review and interpret customer's drawing/plan to have an appropriate design
- Design over-head and underground line extension while following Clients line extension policies
- Design most jobs through AutoCAD Utility Design (AUD)
- Design new subdivision, apartment complex, condos, mixed-use buildings, and any residential/commercial sites
- Design new single-phase system, three phase system and relocation of distribution lines for residential, commercial and industrial
- Work with STORMS to prepare construction job packages; create invoices, construction orders, acquire material details, etc.
- Ensure the safe, cost-effective and timely completion of all projects to meet or exceed customers' expectations
- Communicate with different departments to complete a job; right of way, construction foremen, inspectors, schedulers, etc.
- 5+ years of experience working with single-phase system, three phase system and relocation of distribution lines
- Experience with residential, commercial, and industrial designs
- AutoCAD Utility Design (AUD) experience
- STORMS software experience, or similar software to prepare construction job packages; create invoices, construction orders, acquire material details, etc.
- Must be detail oriented, work well with other groups, and maintain a positive attitude in a fast paced environment
- The candidate should be proficient using Microsoft Office and able to learn new software packages efficiently
- Strong analytical and technical writing skills
- Self-motivated to perform assigned tasks and take initiative to learn new skills
Opportunities with RCS change daily. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website atwww.rcs.jobs.
RCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. RCS provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, veteran or marital status.
Associated topics: autocad, building engineer, civil, civil engineer, design engineer, design, model, structure, technical, water resource